Friday, February 13, 2015

A SPECIAL BOX


Happy Friday!
We are sure looking forward to the long President's Day weekend. 
And the fact that tomorrow is Valentines just makes it better. :)

This year I have not decorated for Valentine's Day.
I have so much going on that I just couldn't seem to find any time, so I guess I will jump 
from Winter to Spring decor as the time comes.

But I couldn't let this special day past by without sharing a little "love". :)



I had this little old, simple and very dated wood box for over 25 years. 
 My husband made it for me one year as a Valentine's gift.



What this box holds is very special to me and through out all the years of military moves, I always 
worried my "little treasures" would get lost.
The box was a wonderful way to ship its contents in a safer way. About 10 years later, I decided to decorate it a little.


And this is the way it has looked for many, many years now.





Can you guess what is inside?
You see, before we got married, my husband, (fiance back then) joint the military and we spent a year apart 
while he attended basic training and paramedic school.
I was in Spain, he was here in the States and phone calls were not as easy to make 33 years ago like it is today,
 so that left us just letters.
Yes, in this box I keep each and everyone of the letters we wrote to each other during that year.



Some people will think it is silly, but I hope, may be one day when we are gone, our grandchildren will be able 
to read them and learn what our life was like for us back then and how much we have loved each other since.




For me, is the little things like this that really count.
Yes, I have always been very sentimental. :)
I hope you all have a super wonderful weekend with your loved one!





8 comments:

  1. Your box is such a very special treasure and so are those wonderful letters. Happy Valentines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! I have all my love letters from my husband. He does not have mine....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, special and romantic your hubby is! This is a truly Valentine's treasure from your sweetheart, made with his own two hands.
    I have love letters from Alejandro, but no box, lol! I can relate to what happened to you both, I too lived in NYC for a year before we got married and the letters came and went, not like how easy it is today. My DD talks and sees her fiancée all the way from Spain.
    Happy Valentine's to you and your dearest.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a real treasure! Happy Valentine's Day! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful treasure box and story....Happy Valentine's Day!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful treasures! I love that you still have all those letters. Your grandchildren will be so thankful that you kept them all these years. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you made me tear up with this post. This is one of the best "treasures" I have ever seen -- not an antique, not vintage -- truly a treasure of the heart. Thank you so much for sharing, Maria Elena.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...