Friday, March 7, 2014

DROP CLOTH STOOL COVER


Happy Friday!
It has been a long week of work for our family, 
so we are all really looking forward to the weekend.

I have been making some small changes in our master bathroom, trying to make it 
a bit "happier" for the Spring and Summer months.

One of the things I did last week was make a drop cloth cover for the vanity stool.





These stool is one of the pair we used to have in the kitchen when we moved into this house.



When we bought the larger stools, the pair went into the storage room and with time, 
I recovered and painted one to use in my craft room.


And now, the one in the bathroom also got a "facelift".
I didn't paint the frame on this one. I liked how the bronze color looks with the drop cloth.
Let me show you how I made the cover.
Once again I used left over drop cloth, so there was no cost to this project.

Now, I am no seamstress, so I had to figure out my way through this project. :)

The stool seat is 20" in diameter. 
I cut a piece of drop cloth, found the center, marked it and using my tape measure to find my radius, 
I measured from the center to the edge. I also added one and a half inches for the hem.




I pinned my hem and run it through the sewing machine.




I also made a ruffle to add to the bottom of the cover.


When is all finished, iron your drop cloth really well and put over your seat.
To finish it off, I added a lace trim all around it.








The bathroom doesn't even look like this anymore. 
While I was in there cleaning last week, I made some changes. :) 
I will share with you next week.

I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
See you soon.








8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! Especially the pleats!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You did a great job!! I wish I could sew..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty and I love the lace trim! Can't wait to see the changes you made in the bathroom. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, you did a great makeover on those seats. Each looks brand new! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a grerat idea you had here. How pretty in your bathroom! Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria! Oh, you did an excellent job on your little stool. Love the pleats and trim you've used.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the attractive stools I have ever seen so far! I can’t take my eyes. You have a beautiful home Maria, especially the tables and the kitchen. Classy home!

    Sebastian of
    Bali Hut Super Store

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just darling, Maria Elena! I have a little wooden bathroom stool that is in need of a makeover, and I've been thinking of doing something similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...