Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND


It sure feels like Monday! :)
How was your President's Day Holiday?
I have to say we had a wonderful long weekend, got many things done around the house, did a little shopping and even had time to finish a couple of project and have a little family get together.

Our weather has been just glorious!
Cool enough at night to sleep with a blanket and in the high 70's during the day. It sure feels like Spring around here.
We have also been having the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I couldn't help myself and had to take some pictures. 
Isn't it gorgeous?



 On Sunday, we had our family over for a little Sunday dinner. It was a great visit. 
We always enjoy so much spending time with our little nephew. 

I took a bunch of pictures, but, since I was trying to hurry before they arrived, half of them came our blurry, 
so here are the ones I could salvage.

Our table was simple. I added a centerpiece with some Spring flowers. Couldn't help myself. The weather is just too pretty.





On the menu, for appetizers, prosciutto, manchego cheese and our traditional Spanish potato quiche.


For dinner, Roast beef prepared with sherry wine like we make it in Spain.


Plenty of side dishes, mash potatoes, macaroni, sautee mushrooms with olive oil and fresh garlic.


 Corn, green beans and peas with ham


Fresh baked bread rolls

 
 I forgot to take pictures of our salad bar, and remembered after we had already served ourselves. LOL



And for dessert, a little cheese cake and some really yummy European pastries.




And this was the view from our back porch as we sat down to have coffee.
Perfect end to a perfect day.




Our days have been so busy lately, it was nice to be able to just enjoy our weekend.
I thank you all for stopping by and wish you have a wonderful week.









11 comments:

  1. Amazing! Everything looks so appetizing and inviting. I am sure everyone enjoyed the meal!! Love the flowers too...we had a mild winter as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend you had. You are a GREAT hostess! I would love to be part of one of your gatherings. Have a great day, Maria Elena- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful meal and sunset. As always, I'm in-awe of your abilities. It appears that on top of decorating beautifully, you're a master chef! I love the way you serve your salad bar and am pinning it for future dinners at my own house. Glad you enjoyed your weekend and hope you have a great week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw you are from Spain I was very excited. My son-in-law's mother (she passed away a few months ago from breast cancer) was from Spain. She was a beautiful, gorgeous woman and a wonderful mother. My sweet son-in-law speaks the most beautiful Spanish I've ever heard. Very different from the border Spanish we commonly hear. The cous-cous salad I served at the baby shower was her recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is simply beautiful! I don't think it looks casual at all, your family must have given you many compliments! And your menu...so delicious! I have never thought to create a little "salad bar", what a nice idea. Everything looks amazing...so glad you had a lovely weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely meal! Everything looked wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am sorry I missed that meal:):) Everything sounds delicious!! Your table looks so pretty too, and I LOVE the sunset pics. XO, pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful menu. The food looks amazing and the desserts look heavenly. The salad bar is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....it all looks amazing!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks more like a feast than a simple family supper! Everything looked so delicious. Your photos were fabulous -- we get some awesome sunsets here in the desert, too.

    Great new coffee station, Maria Elena. We haven't pulled the plug on the whole Keurig maker thing. We aren't sure we are patient enough to wait our turn for coffee....lol!

    Your niche redo is fabulous -- love that stone and the glass shelves! It was very pretty before, too.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great looking meal! Wish I could have been there...lol. Your niche tiles are the same as my kitchen backsplash. I must say they look great with your wonderful treasures. Cheers from your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...